Thursday, March 14, 2019

(Not) On a Series of Unfortunate Events

To Aleph Null—
[Insert poetic death pun here]


Sadly, I cannowrite this article. There are several reasons whyI could write about thlives of the Baudelaire Orphans and those they have come across. liked the show quite a bit, I have fond memories of the commentary of the movie where Lemony Snicket just takes the piss out of the whole damn thing, and I grew up with the books.

And therein lies my problem, a phrase which here means, “This is why I can’t help you” and is used as a transition to lead to the core problem instead of simply saying why the thing cannot be done: I never finished them. I certainly got well into the series, all the way up to the Penultimate Peril. Alas, I never read the final book in the series, The End. I’ve sneaked a peek at bits and pieces of the book, but I’ve never finished. It’s hole in my library and to fill the hole would require me to finish the series, which is somethinI cannot do, what with my other… commitments. Alas, I would love to wax poetically on the themes and implications of the series, how they tie into the way the world was and is, and whatnot. But I literally cannot do so at this time.

Regretfully yours,
Sean Dillon.

PS Patrick, you’ll find the package in the basement three buildings to the left of where we last met. I figured it was too important to tell you this in secret code. 

No comments: